Inca Trail Classic 4 Days
The great adventure of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is for those who live passionately, always looking for a new experience!
TREKKING MAP The great adventure of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is for those who live passionately, always looking for a new experience! This is a fascinating dream to fulfill and is the most famous trek of all South America. The beauty of the views and the archeological sites that surround the Inca Trail are second to none. This tour is ideal for those who are filled with energy to hike all the way to Machu Picchu in the trip of a lifetime!
- The Inca Trail is the best Trek in Peru
- This trek is ideal for adventure seekers, couples, friends, nature lovers, and intrepid people
- See natural bridges, snowcapped mountains, waterfalls, wildlife, and the cloud forest
- The Inca Trail trek is listed in the TOP 5 best treks in the world by multiple different magazines
DAY 1: Cusco | Km 82 – WayllabambaWalking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation – 2900 meters ASL / 9514 feet ASL
Campsite Elevation – 3000 meters ASL / 9842 feet ASL
Meals: Lunch & Dinner (Plus snack and afternoon tea)
Adventure: Absolutely, completely satisfactory
We will start the your trip by picking you up at your hotel at 06:00 AM to drive from Cusco to Ollantaytambo and then to Km 82. Here, we will have to register to enter the Inca Trail and will meet all the staff members that will do the trek with us. From Km 82 we will take a gentle hike for 2 hours until we arrive to our lunch spot known as Miskay. After lunch, we will take a short rest and then continue with our adventure for 4 more hours until we arrive at Huayllabamba. On the way, we will be able to see the archeological site of Patallacta. Finally, in Huayllabamba, we will have dinner prepared for us and then have a restful nigh of sleep in the tents in our camping site.
DAY 2: Wayllabamba | PacaymayoWalking Distance – 13 km / 8 miles
Starting Elevation – 3800 meters ASL / 12467 feet ASL
Campsite Elevation – 3800 meters / 12467 feet ASL
Maximum Altitude: 4215 meters ASL / 13828 feet ASL (Warmy Wañuska Pass)
Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner (Plus snack and afternoon tea)
DAY 3: Pacaymayo | WiñaywaynaWalking Distance – 15km
Starting Elevation – 3800 meters
Campsite Elevation – 3700 meters
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
DAY 4: The Most Important Day – Machu Picchu!Today’s Highlights: Your excitement for our rendezvous at Machu Picchu will rise as we are hiking early in the morning through the forest to reach the Sun Gate which looks down over the entire grandiose site! You will have plenty of time to explore this truly magnificent World Wonder while you enjoy the beautiful sunrise from this once-in-a-lifetime viewpoint. Your group will learn about this mystical place in a two-hour guided tour of the ruins. Afterwards, you can opt to climb Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain (if you have pre-booked tickets) or walk to the Inca Bridge (without extra tickets).
After this tour, you are free to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (Be sure to book in advance to get tickets for these!). Each mountain takes approximately 3 hours to hike up and down. Another lower-impact option for which you do not need an extra ticket is to trek to the Sun Gate, the main entrance from the Inca Trail (this takes about 2 or 2.5 hours round-trip). Another option is walking to see the Incan Bridge. You will be able to stay and enjoy this magical city for as long as you need before taking the bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes. Here if you have left time before the train, you will be able to have lunch, visit the hot springs, and walk around the town and the artisan market. At 16:22 hrs (subject to availability), we will take the train to Ollantaytambo. A private bus will pick up our group and drop you off at your hotel in Cusco at about 20:00 hrs. Rest your feet and your body now, but we can assure you your heart will still be soaring for weeks and years to come!
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail is the most popular trek in Peru!
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office for an orientation to the trek and we will provide you the duffle bags which will be carried by our porters. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the evening before your trip begins.
- Transport: Collection from your hotel in the morning and transportation in a private vehicle to Km 82 (the starting point of the trek).
- Experienced Guide: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route. He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time worry-free!
- Personal tents: Like our ancestors, we are very considerate of the Pachamama (Mother Earth). Therefore, our campsites are adapted to the environment to avoid generating negative impacts. 2 people stay in each 4-person tent to allow for higher comfort and luggage security. Our tents are 3-season ready and highly maintained to ensure an excellent performance during our treks. They are of the brands Kailas, Pro Aconcagua, and Rei 4 Outfitter and are employed when double accommodation is requested.
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, tables, chairs, and all cooking equipment (carried by porters).
- 01 Therm-a-Rest
- 01 Duffle bag: You can put your personal belongings (up to 5 kilos/11 lbs), includes your sleeping bag, in here to be carried by the porters.
- Accommodation: 3 nights in tent
- Porters: We include your personal porter who is responsible for carrying your duffel with your personal items (up to 5 kilos/11 lbs). There is no additional fee for this. We will give you your duffel bag at the briefing the night before, and this should be filled with the things you need for night and the next day. You will not have access to your duffel until you arrive at the evening campsite.
- Trekking Cook: A chef specialized in cooking on the trail, with an assistant, will prepare all of your delicious meals along the journey to replenish your energy. You will never go hungry!
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 dinners and Snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Wake up tea: Every morning at the campsite, you will woken up with a cup of coca tea! Our staff will bring the tea to your tent so that you will be warmed from inside out before you start your day.
- Tea time: Every afternoon before dinner, the cooks will provide popcorn, biscuits, coffee, hot chocolate, teas, hot water, etc. After a long day of hiking, you will not have to wait until dinner to relax, warm up, and enjoy a bite to eat!
- Daily snacks - Days 1, 2 and 3: Our snacks consist of local fruits, biscuits, chocolate, caramels, etc. We will give this snack to you at the beginning of each day in your cloth bag.
- One cloth snack bag per person: To avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment, we will give you a cloth bag for your snacks.
- Medical kit: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (“Expedition” service with Peru Rail at 16:22 hrs (subject to availability))
- Transport: Private transport from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 4)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- We will create a Memorable Lifetime Experience for you.
- Sleeping Bags: You can rent one from our company if you do not have your own. Our sleeping bags are effective and durable to protect from temperatures as low as -18ºC (0ºF). They are mummy form and include a sleeping liner. The bags are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips.
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel insurance
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE SALKANTAY TREK
Please read carefully the following information – it will help you with any questions you may have about our services.
THE BRIEFINGThis meeting will take place the night before the trek’s departure at 6 PM at our office which is located at Triunfo Street 392, Office 212 (second floor). We are 1 block from the Main Square (Plaza de Armas) of Cusco.
MAY I CHANGE THE DEPARTURE DATE AFTER THE TICKETS HAVE BEEN BOUGHT?Unfortunately the answer is “No”. Once the tickets have been bought the government does not allow any changes, so we can’t change any departure date after the ticket has been bought. Tickets are also not transferable nor refundable. *** If you cancel your Classic Inca Trail Machu Picchu Trek, the deposit is not refundable at all!
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 8% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?Of course! During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
HOW TO BOOK THE Inca Trail Classic 4 DaysFIRST To make a booking, please email us to check availability and receive customized booking forms. You can also download a generic form from: Passenger Details form.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase any Inca Trail Classic 4 Days permits or entrance tickets without the following information:
- Personal information (Full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- Date of birth (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$350 per person in order to purchase a permit for the Inca Trail Classic 4 Days. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL.
Terms and Conditions
Our Classic 4D/3N Inca Trail Trek includes porter to carry up to 5kg of your belongings.
Thank you for choosing Salkantay Trekking! We will do everything within our means to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
OUR HIKING TEAM
Our Tour GuidesYour tour will be led by a trained and highly experienced professional with a very solid guiding background, years of hiking and wilderness experience, medical certifications, and a passion for leading people into unforgettable adventures.
They never stop learning so that they can be the best possible guides. They all speak English and of course they also speak Spanish and even Quechua, the Incan Language. They are all able to communicate with natives from around the area and will have lots of history to share with you. Check out the Meet Our Team page for staff bios.
Our CooksAfter a challenging trek we know how important a good hot meal can be to prepare your body and warm you up. That’s why on every trek with Salkantay Trekking we employ chefs with years of experience cooking on the trails so that they provide filling and nutritious meals using fresh ingredients and a variety of flavors.
Every chef prepares different meals depending on what food is available. ...More info.
Meals: What to ExpectAll of our hiking tours include a diversity of tasty meals packed full of critical carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We carry foods that travel well in the backcountry – rice, pastas, lentils, beans, couscous, packaged meats, nuts, breads, oatmeal, granola, and more.
For optimal taste and energy, we supplement all our meals with spices, herbs, oils, cheeses, butter, sugar, fruits and vegetables (fresh and dried). In addition, we provide you with an assortment of trail mix, snacks, and dried fruits to eat at your own discretion.
We regularly accommodate vegan, vegetarian, kosher and non-gluten diets and will make adjustments for food allergies. These and other special dietary requests may require an additional fee. ...More info.
Our Horseman and HorsesOur Horseman and his horses are in charge of all our gear and will always await us within the safe and comfortable camp sites.
Our horsemen are hired from the areas where the trekking route goes and therefore have extensive knowledge of the area.
Besides trekking and camping gear every horse carries a total of 40 kg of guest's belongings.
You will have a personal allowance of 7kg/165lb for your gear....More info.