Terms and Conditions
PAYMENT SCHEDULE BOOKING FORMBooking a Salkantay trek requires a deposit of 50% of the total trek price. Please note that this deposit is required to purchase train and Machu Picchu entrance tickests, all subject to availability. After your deposit and booking confirmation, your outstading balance is due when you arrive in Cusco either 48 hrs prior to departure or during your briefing session. Failure to pay any outstading balances prior to departure will result in the inability to partake in your trek. Final acceptance of any participant is subject to receipt and review of all required forms, documents, and payment.
TRIP ITINERARIESAll Salkantay Trekking hikes are subject to itinerary changes based on a variety of circumstances, including, Salkantay Trekking reserves the right to cancel or change any trip due to river, road, weather conditions, or political climate. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to client unsuitability because of age, ill health, poor fitness, intoxication etc.
Any missed tours due to the above listed incidences (eg weather conditions or political climate) cannot be refunded or recuperated.
The price and duration of a hiking trip will never change once you’re registered. Payments are not refundable for itinerary changes or public land closures. If a trip is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control a trip credit equal to the full amount paid will be issued.
CHANGE POLICY:If you wish to change the date of departure/ and or route of your trek after making the reservation/deposit, there will be a $50 per person fee to make the change, except if the change is made in the 48 hours prior to the trek, when the change will cost $100 per person.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICYThe Salkantay Trekking reserves the right to cancel trips. (Check the title TREK ITINERARIES, which mentions the powers of our company on cancellations and modifications of itineraries). The Salkantay Trekking Company is not responsible for additional expenses incurred by preparing for the trip (for example: non-refundable advance purchase air tickets, clothing, equipment, visa fees, medical expenses, etc.).
If you cancel or leave a multi-day trip for any reason:
- 1.- All 50% deposits needed for the confirmation of any Salkantay trek, are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- 2.- Full payment is required 48 hrs prior to departure. In case of not being able to make full payment within said time frame, an alternative payment system must be arranged and coordinated. Failure to do either of the above can result in CANCELLATION of your tour.
- 3.- In case of delayed arrivals to Cusco (due to delayed flights, buses etc.), Salkantay Trekking assumes no responsibility for missed tours or trek departures. Salkantay Trekking staff will do their best to accommodate and make the required modifications. However, all additional costs for such modifications will not be included in the original trek price.
- 4.- Trek cancellations as a result of illness, missed flights and any other reason made within 48 hours of the scheduled trek departure, are considered NO-SHOWS and will be subject to full payment AND no refunds.
- 5.- In case of sickness while on the trail, emergency costs for transportation, etc. are not included.
- 6.- For any Inca Trail reservation (i.e. Inca Trail 2D, Inca Trail 4D, Salkantay + Inca Trail 7D and Inca Trail 6D), cancellations, whether ahead of time or last minute, are considered NO-SHOWS and the full trek price will need to be paid.
MEDICAL RELEASESWe require medical releases for prospective guests over 70 years of age and for various circumstances such as history of cardiovascular disease, chronic illness, and other conditions and factors.
Let know to the guides if you consume any medical tab, pill or chronic illness to prevent the any accident or emergency case, if you have the first aid kit bring for the trail will be very useful for member’s hikers.