The project of Reforestation will be brought to completion in the end of November 2017.
- Increase green areas and forest cover in the Soraypampa area in order to improve the air quality, capture CO2, recharge aquifers, reduce erosion problems, and discourage the change in land use.
- Restore forest areas affected by erosion and forest fires, absorb other contaminates, and decrease fluctuations in temperature.
- Restore forest ecosystems and conserve the biodiversity of natural resources and scenic beauty.
- Increase the quality of life for inhabitants, improving the environment through intensive programs of reforestation.
- Shared responsibility: Active participation of the workers of campsites and neighboring communities.
- Selection of native species with ecological potential: Tree species such as Q’euña (Polylepis incana), Chachacomo (Escallonia resinosa), and aracha (Saracha punctata) which present a favorable adaptation to the environmental conditions of the area and provide a wide range of environmental services.
- Particular outline of planting: Planting patterns which satisfy the needs of physiological development of the species and maintenance works of the green areas.