Cleaning Campaign - Salkantay Trek
For us, Salkantay and its surroundings are our home, the center of our work and life, and it is for this that we dedicate ourselves and manifest our respect and gratefulness, carrying out annual Cleaning Campaigns in the zone of Salkantay (Soraypampa – Santa Teresa).
For the fourth year in a row, Salkantay Trekking and all of its personnel have promoted a massive cleaning in the principal trails toward the Salkantay snowcap.
2016 was the year in which 147 people within the collaborators of the company (porters, cooks, drivers, guides, accountants, maintenance, office staff, administration, and general management) and volunteers carried out the job of collecting debris in the Salkantay route, starting at the base camp in Soraypampa.
This project is all thanks to the initiative of the General Manager and founder of Salkantay Trekking (Edgar Catunta Guillen) who always takes the initiative in this cleaning campaign – “Salkantay, I Want you Clean.”
With these annual campaigns, we continually achieve these objectives:
- Improve the cleanliness of the Salkantay route and its surroundings, especially the communal areas and scenic trails.
- Facilitate a comfortable and pleasant environment of work and relationships in Salkantay.
- Promote respect of social property.
- Promote active participation in neighboring communities of Salkantay as well as the people who work thanks to this tourist destination, such as: Porters, Guides, Cooks, and others.
- Promote environmental consciousness in neighboring communities and campsites.
- Value the importance individual actions and omissions, consistency, and respect for the work of others.
- Be capable of sharing responsibilities, assuming commitments, and cooperating in cleaning and recycling in Salkantay.
What makes these trips different?
We believe that a vacation should be more than a hotel room, a flight and a rental car. It should be more than the sum of its parts. We also believe a challenge can help you grow and a trip can stir the soul. We create journeys worth taking - for the traveler, for the host and for the world.