Comfort and Adventure
A "hut" is a shelter or camp built both in mountainous and rural areas, used by shepherds and farmers to spend the night with their herds or protect themselves from inclement weather during their work. In this way, the settlers guaranteed their protection against the freezing nights and could rest well.
Following the ancestral tradition and committed to Pachamama (Mother Earth) and the mountains, the exclusive Andean Huts camps have a "choza" design and are adapted to the natural environment without generating any environmental impact.
Salkantay Trekking has a solid base in responsible and sustainable tourism criteria. Therefore, our employees and the company in general, have the following principle:
- Decrease visual pollution.
- Mimic the natural environment with our campsites.
- Improve the level of service of the campsites for the travel agencies that operate their groups in the Salkantay trail.
- Provide higher comfort to our visitors.
- Protect clients from inclement weather. With this project, they will feel less cold during the frost or rainy season.
- Through the Andean Huts (Andean Cabins), we seek to recover the traditions of our ancestors.
- Shared Responsibility: Active participation of the local community in the construction of each camp.
- These camps are built with typical materials of the area: Ichu (straw) and wood.
- The Santa Teresa Municipality had the project of building the camps as one of its works in 2018. Today, it is already a creation-made reality.
- No additional investment is required.
What makes these trips different?
We believe that a vacation should be more than a hotel room, a flight and a rental car. It should be more than the sum of its parts. We also believe a challenge can help you grow and a trip can stir the soul. We create journeys worth taking - for the traveler, for the host and for the world.