You arrived to Cusco without imagining you’d leave with a bittersweet taste in your mouth. You don’t know if you’re happy for what you’ve experienced or you’re dying to get off the plane and run into their arms. The most important part is that this affection you shared changed something in you, and you’re leaving feeling different than when you came. You met there, in the Plaza de Armas. You saw each other for a second and both felt that familiar, warm feeling, seeking to talk to each other. You walked down the Av. el Sol, saw Qorikancha, and the next day went to Saqsayhuaman.
Two days later, you visited the Sacred Valley. You still remember the beauty of their face as they explained the secrets of their culture. So many things happened that now, you can’t stop thinking about their eyes, their smile, their warmth.
Now your plane is taking off, and you want to cry. You still don’t know if it’s from the joy or the sadness. It’s official: your heart found a little bit of love in the imperial city of Cusco.
Don’t worry anymore. You’re already Facebook friends, and if it’s the love of your life, your paths will cross again.
At Salkantay Trekking, we want to send you the songs you surely heard while you were together. In the bar, on tours, while you walked around the city. Put your headphones in, and prepare to relive your memories with these songs that were popular in Cusco in February 2019.
1. Taki taki – Cardi B feat. Selena Gómez and Ozuna: Surely you danced to this song in a bar with your crush, and you’ll remember those moments for a long time as you sing, “Báilame como si fuera la última vez y enséñame ese pasito que no sé, un besito bien suavecito, bebé.” / “Dance with me like it’s the last time, and teach me that move I don’t know, a thoroughly slow kiss, baby.”
2. Calma (Remix) – Pedro Capó and Farruko: Although there’s no beach in Cusco, this song will bring the freshness and relaxation of the Caribbean to the Andes. The song starts with the following lyrics that will help you remember those moments of complicity and love: “Cuatro abrazos y un café apenas me desperté y al mirarte recordé que ya todo lo encontré. Tu mano en mi mano, de todo escapamos, juntos ver el sol caer.” / “Four embraces and a coffee, I just woke up and when I looked at you I remembered that I already found it all. Your hand in mine, together we escaped from everything, to see the setting sun.”
3. Secreto – Anuel AA and Karol G: The camaraderie between you two was so intense that you almost couldn’t believe it. You feel just like Anuel says: “Tú me hiciste enloquecer y contigo me siento bien.” / “You made me go crazy and I feel good when I’m with you.” Enjoy the video in which the artists share precious moments from brushing teeth together to traveling to truly beautiful places.
4. Bebe – 6ix9ine ft Anuel AA: It’s undeniable that the passion you shared with your crush in Cusco was truly intense. This song was a hit during the summer, and you certainly danced to it in a bar in the Historical Center, or maybe it was the soundtrack of many special moments.
5. El anillo – Jennifer López: The whole time you were together, you asked yourself over and over if you were standing in front of the love of your life. Could this crazy vacation end in marriage? Now that your plane is taking off and you see how the city of Cusco stays behind, you return again to this doubt. Am I leaving the love of my life?
We hope these songs help you relive these incredible moments you spent in Cusco while you discovered a new love. Who knows, maybe right now you’re planning a return to Cusco. See you soon!