The Salkantay trek to Machupicchu, it is one of the best alternative trekking options, designed for those who wish to see and experience different ecosystems atmosphere including an important wide-range varieties of plants, flowers. Witness yourself a living ancient culture in remote small villages, hardly ever seen or visited by foreigners.
- The adventure rating! The Salkantay Trek I definitely one of the best hiking adventures you will have in Peru. Not only can you experience the ancient Inca paths, but you will also see breathtaking views and hike through the dense jungle.
- After the Inca Trail the Salkantay Trek is the second most popular trek to Machu Picchu, and a lot less crowded. Here you can have your own fun and experience in the Andes. You take your backpack and explore these vast mountain ranges, meet new adventurous people and have cool campsites under the beautiful Andean night sky.
- The hike alongside the magnificent Apu Salkantay and the arrival at the ruins of Machu Picchu is one of the best experiences known to mankind.
- The sight of the Andean mountain range from Vilcabamba to Salkantay is truly breathtaking.
- The trek is ideal for adventure seekers, couples, friends, nature lovers and intrepid people.
- See natural bridges, snowcapped mountains, cascades, wildlife and cloud forests.
- The Salkantay trek is listed among the 25 best treks in the world by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine.
- Camping with less people to make your own trip and have the best look on these incredible mountains.