Surprise yourself with a destination like no other: Vinincunca mountain. On the surface of this impressive mountain, the colors of the rainbow are sprinkled one after another: turquoise, magenta, yellow. The highest point on this hike is at 5,200 MASL / 17,060 FASL and is reached after 4 hours of trekking. The shining sun accompanies you along the trail, as well as herds of sheep, horses, llamas and alpacas. The imposing mountain ridge will be the protagonist of your pictures. You don’t believe it? Ok, look at these fun postcards to be convinced.
1. Becoming friends: Regaining an incredible connection to the animals is something you can accomplish with any trek in Cusco. They’ll return to you even more love and affection than what you give them! Rosangela arrived from Brazil, did a tour of the Vinicunca mountain and met a precious little llama that captivated her. “And the prize for the cutest llama, charming and loved, goes to this darling who stole my heart,” wrote Rosangela on Instagram.
2. The perfect scene for the perfect photo: Brayden is a professional photographer and a celebrity on social media. In this extraordinary photo, which seems like a magazine cover, he poses with his back to the camera and puts on traditional Andean clothing: a chullo (traditional toboggan) and a brown-toned poncho. The geometry and Andean textile colors combine perfectly with the panorama offered by Vinicunca mountain.
3. White alpacas in the snow: Remember that we are at more than 5,000 MASL, and sometimes it snows. However, isn’t this picture adorable? Two beautiful alpacas seem to send kisses to the camera and are camouflaged by the snow.
4. An unforgettable memory: Hyungyu Park came from South Korea to see our beautiful city. His trip to Vinicunca was accompanied by a light snowfall, however he still had the opportunity to see the brilliant colors of the mountain. Hyungyu commented in his picture: “Vinicunca could disappear in the future, so I should remember it for a long time.” Besides that, we see his fun, green poncho and his hat with Andean details.
5. Celebrities don’t stay away from the Rainbow Mountain: The Portuguese actresses and models Joana Duarte y Carolina Loureiro visited Vinicunca at the end of 2018. After a lot of hard work, they successfully completed the trail up to the 5,200 MASL. Joana wears a fuchsia hat and a yellow jacket which combine perfectly with the colors of the mountain.
6. Llama adorned with colored tassels: Andean fashion isn’t exclusive to people. In this picture, we see a charismatic llama adorned with beautiful colors. We don’t know exactly why, but it seems that any Andean clothing combines perfectly with Vinicunca mountain.
7. Going on a hike is usually really good for your health: One of the biggest advantages offered by trekking routes is that they’re good for your health! Sports lovers will feel like fish in water when they hike Rainbow Mountain in Cusco. If you’re in good shape, do like Irene who came from Austria to take this dynamic photo showing her enviable physical state.
8. Advancing Andean fashion: In this sophisticated photo, we can see a man dressed in a traditional poncho from the famous community of Pitumarca. However, he’s also found using a chullo with a non-traditional design but that combines well with the rest of his outfit. As usual, the llama is also adorned with tassels of different colors of wool.
Without a doubt, Rainbow Mountain is the perfect scene for a colorful and fun photo you’ll remember for your whole life. Don’t forget that you can access more information about how to plan your excellent trip to see this natural wonder with this link: http://www.salkantaytrekking.com/traditional/cusco/rainbow-mountain.html