The Best Salkantay Trek Tour Operator
Salkantay Trekking, is a Reputable and Professional trekking company based in Cusco. We are the unique company who are 100% specialists just in Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu.
We concentrate our efforts on operating just the Salkantay hike, we don’t offer a lot, but what we do offer we do it well and by giving our guides, cooks and horsemen consistent work all year round we are able to keep an experienced team together and therefore attract some of the best staff available.
Salkantay Trekking, since 2008, offers creative and innovative ideas to allow the maximum enjoyment of the richness of our country, providing an agile, personalized and efficient service, with the backing of professionals of vast experience in tourism.
Our tours are led by knowledgeable professional guides who will help you explore Salkantay Route, the top-quality professional preparation of our personnel (guides and counters), besides the high quality standards in choosing our providers, have always guaranteed customes satisfaction. The result of this is an incredible level of teamwork, communication, understanding and support – a unique factor that makes our offering of a Once-In-A-Lifetime Salkantay Trekking the envy of all our peers, we know that every detail is important, and for this reason make our best…
Salkantay Trek Specialists
Salcantay Trek is our passion – which we would like to share with you. We highly recommend this hike to Machu Picchu as a wonderful way to get off the beaten track and experience in the Andes.
Check and find all the information you need to organize your trek to Machu Picchu, we are specialists in Salkantay Trek.
Salkantay Trek Packages
Salkantay Trek Short
4 Days / 3 NightsEarly departure from Cusco at 5 to the trail head, 4 days trek is create for people on good fits and physical shape who loves the top challenging, the two first days are crossing the Andes over at 4000 mt / 13200 ft, with amazing views to the white glaciers, great Salkantay and rocky mountains with deep valley, safety and amazing camp ground on the wild. Last days hiking on the cloud forest of the Amazon clearly to see plantations like Coffee, banana, avocado, papaya, and the most impressive panoramic view to the green jungle there are a lot wild life, as well considerate the second most impressive hiking....
Salkantay Trek Classic
5 Days / 4 NightsThe amazing Salkantay trek to Machupicchu is one of the famous treks in Cusco and the best alternative route to get to Machu Picchu. It is takes you through different types of landscapes from the typical Andean landscape up to the snowcapped mountains and down to the tropical forests and finally gets you into the jungle, Salkantay trek named among the 25 best Treks in the World, by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine. If you are thinking to do a hiking trip to Machupicchu and you want to be off of the beaten path and be in touch with the nature; Salkantay trek is the best option.....
Salkantay Trek Packages
Salkantay Trek Challenge
3 Days / 2 NightsGet to the highest point of the trail it is a unique experience on the life, 22 km further hike from the begin till the top view to all mountain range bottom the Salkantay, likewise the famous Apacheta (mountain offerings) pass 4621masl = 15160ft which is rates by hikers the most amazing scenery on the salkantay wild: on the way up clear appreciate the highland hill with colorful landscape, pass bottom the Salkantay to point the base camp Chaullay on the middle of the dense vegetation nearly to the Amazon jungle, through the beautiful scenery and following the adventure passing the fruit plantation....
Salkantay Trek Imperial
7 Days / 6 NightsThis adventure includes two nights of acclimatization in Cusco before the Trek, the complete 4 days Salkantay Trail to Machu Picchu, an overnight by Machu Picchu in the town of Aguas Calientes and back to Cusco for a last night. The Cordillera Vilcabamba is an impressive range of mountains which include the massive Salkantay snowcapped mountain (6,264m) and three others over 6000m. Salkantay is an outstanding snow peak, located less than fifty miles northwest of the city of Cuzco in south central Peru. It is the highest mountain of the Cordillera. Because of its proximity to the city, it is easily....
Our Team on the HikeSalkantay Trekking is run as a professional tour operator with experienced office staff and guides.
We take pride in looking after our team and pay our trekking staff such as cooks and porters well above average wages
All the guides we use are certified and issued licenses by the Cuzco Tour Guides Association and our guides are trained every year.
We don't employ unlicensed or unaccredited guides and staff.
All our lead guides are exceptional individuals and trained professionals with many years of experience.
All have traveled the world extensively and are some of the leading professionals in their fields.
They have been there and know; routes, customs, languages, conditions, options, weather and first aid.
We lead all our own trips; we do not contract with local agents to lead our trips.
Why Salkantay Trekking ?
We are a specialist adventure tour operator with hundreds of high quality, affordable and exciting adventures to Machu Picchu by Salkantay.
There are at least ten good reasons to travel with us:
- Unique trekking Routes: Salkantay Trekking specializes in unique, off the beaten track options that most other trek and tour operators do not!
- Personalised attention: Salkantay Trekking are a small, family owned business that provides personalized attention from beginning to the end of your trek or tour.
- Trekkers Wanted: we provide the innovative free listing called Trekkers Wanted, which was the kind of thing we liked to see when we were back packing around the world.
- Operate 100% of treks: Other agents claiming daily departures operate their treks jointly with other companies in service rotation. Hence, you book a departure with tour operator A with the risk that it will actually be operated by tour operator B without you knowing. Even if we only have a single traveler for a set departure date, this will be operated by us.
- Our staff are extremely well travelled and passionate about offering you great service
- Our holidays are Environmentally, Sustainable & Responsible Tourism
- Great guides: We carefully match the best guides with each trek and group, another reason why we ask you to book as early as you can. Salkantay Trekking guides are highly trained.
- Delicious meals: Our meals and cooks regularly receive rave reviews from our clients! Salkantay Trekking meals include generous and delicious breakfasts, snacks, lunches, tea services and dinners that we can adapt to your specific requests.
- Recent equipment: We purchase new equipment every year in a 2 -3 year rotation and are constantly seeking out the most comfortable (yet affordable) brands to use.
- Departures every day: Salkantay Trekking focus on unique experiences... with this ethos of quality not quantity we do not have big, cheap groups departing frequently. We will depart any day for clearly advertised prices listed on our website.
- We are committed to departing with 02 of you, on our Tours we will never pass you onto another operator!
- We depart even if you are 02 people.
- We are the sole operators of all our tours!
NEXT DEPARTURES 2015
Grab your gear and head into the wilderness places with Salkantay Trekking! On our active adventures, you'll trek through some of the world's most legendary mountain ranges(salkantay); discovering wild and stunning landscapes by foot.,
Take a look at the unique, active itineraries below that combine spectacular places, cultural interaction, and physical challenge: the perfect mix for an unforgettable adventure.
The minimum to open the departure is two people and our maximum is ten so if you guys are two we can do it!.
Click Here to see our next departures 2015...
SALKANTAY TREKKING REVIEWS
“Salkantay Trek - awesome!"
I just finished the Salkantay 4 day trek with the Salkantay Trekking Company out of Cusco, and it was great. Our guide, David, was very knowledgeable about the trail, the area, Inca and Peruvian history, including Manchu Picchu where we finished the trek, and about local flora and fauna. He really went the extra mile to make the trip a special experience and to ensure everyone in the group was comfortable. Everyone in our group agreed he added a lot to the trek. Our cook and horseman, who supported our trek, were also great. Our gear was well looked after and the food was very good. The trek was reasonably priced, as well. I would definitely trek with this company again.