Why Choose Us!
We are a specialist adventure tour operator with hundreds of high quality, affordable and exciting adventures to Machu Picchu by Salkantay.
There are at least ten good reasons to travel with us:
- Unique trekking Routes: Salkantay Trekking specializes in unique, off the beaten track options that most other trek and tour operators do not!
- Personalised attention: Salkantay Trekking are a small, family owned business that provides personalized attention from beginning to the end of your trek or tour.
- Trekkers Wanted: we provide the innovative free listing called Trekkers Wanted, which was the kind of thing we liked to see when we were back packing around the world.
- Operate 100% of treks: Other agents claiming daily departures operate their treks jointly with other companies in service rotation. Hence, you book a departure with tour operator A with the risk that it will actually be operated by tour operator B without you knowing. Even if we only have a single traveler for a set departure date, this will be operated by us.
- Our staff are extremely well travelled and passionate about offering you great service
- Our holidays are Environmentally, Sustainable & Responsible Tourism
- Great guides: We carefully match the best guides with each trek and group, another reason why we ask you to book as early as you can. Salkantay Trekking guides are highly trained.
- Delicious meals: Our meals and cooks regularly receive rave reviews from our clients! Salkantay Trekking meals include generous and delicious breakfasts, snacks, lunches, tea services and dinners that we can adapt to your specific requests.
- Recent equipment: We purchase new equipment every year in a 2 -3 year rotation and are constantly seeking out the most comfortable (yet affordable) brands to use.
- Departures every day: Salkantay Trekking focus on unique experiences... with this ethos of quality not quantity we do not have big, cheap groups departing frequently. We will depart any day for clearly advertised prices listed on our website.
- - We are committed to departing with 02 of you on our Tours we will never pass you onto another operator!
- - We depart even if you are 02 people.
- - We are the sole operators of all our tours!
Community Projects: Help us to Help
Ever since Salkantay Trekking was first established we have been helping to spread some of the benefits brought by tourism to local communities by donating school equipment to village schools and ensuring that it is properly used. A large percentage of the profits made by Salkantay Trekking go towards such community projects
Our latest activity was carried out at the Upis Community, located 4 hours from the city of Cusco.
Though most of them are farmers, they opt to work as porters and cookers for the considerable source of income. Some of them work with us at Salkantay Trekking and we are pleased to see how much they enjoy this activity.... read more
About our Company:
We are a 100% Local Tour Operator based in Cusco.
Salkantay Trekking is a professional agency licensed trek & tour operator.
Salkantay Trekking is an adventure trekking specialist that offers unique experiences to little known wilderness places
All of our itineries are perfectly designed based on our extensive local knowledge of the areas involved, and our combined practical experience within the Salkantay. With over a decade of experience in adventure tourism, all our team members are passionate, well trained, knowledgeable, friendly and committed to providing the highest quality service to all of our customers.
we can offer unbeatable prices with no compromise on quality...read more
Salkantay Trekking is run as a professional tour operator with experienced office staff and guides. We take pride in looking after our team and pay our trekking staff such as cooks and porters well above average wages
All the guides we use are certified and issued licenses by the Cuzco Tour Guides Association and our guides are trained every year.
We don't employ unlicensed or unaccredited guides and staff.
All our lead guides are exceptional individuals and trained professionals with many years of experience.
All have traveled the world extensively and are some of the leading professionals in their fields.
They have been there and know; routes, customs, languages, conditions, options, weather and first aid. We lead all our own trips; we do not contract with local agents to lead our trips.
It’s hard to believe that it’s our 7th blogging anniversary!
Salkantay Trekking is the Tour Operator Company which has been established in Cusco since 2008 by Edgar Catunta,(founder and Manager) an experienced mountaineer and expedition leader who has guided in the Salkantay since 2000, Salkantay Trekking provides superior and unmatched expedition leadership, logistics and support for its clients. Since inception Salkantay Trekking has strived to help hundreds of clients to achieve their expedition ambitions, and is proud to have the highest success rates of any commercial climbing expedition in the Salkantay.