Why Salkantay Trekking?
Why us? We are considered by many to be the authority on an authentic trekking experience at a competitive price. We always go the extra mile to provide you with the utmost satisfaction during your adventure. Our belief is that responsible tourism is a better way to see the world.
There are so many reasons to choose Salkantay Trekking Company for your holiday among hundreds of other agents who also offer similar excursions to Cusco and its surrounding area, Salkantay, the Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, etc.
1. Recommended on Tripadvisor with excellent reviewsOur Company has more than 2500 people who join our hikes annually. We have a proven track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests' expectations. Check out Trip Advisor to see our 5 star review status and read additional guest comments on our Salkantay Trekking Reviews and Facebook pages. Consistent, positive feedback is the primary reason we are a highly recommended and recognized company in Peru!
2. Small Groups & Big ExperiencesWith a maximum group size of just 12 people on most tours, it feels more like travelling with friends than being on an organized tour. Our groups are made up of couples and friends from all around the world. You will meet like-minded people who share your passion for travel and discovery. A small group will allow you to get further away from the tourist trails for a more intimate experience. If you are traveling alone, you will not have to pay an additional fee; you will share a room or tent with a fellow traveler of the same gender. If you prefer your own space, you can choose to pay a little extra to have a room or tent to yourself.
3. Highly trained & experienced tour leadersOur Tour Guides are chosen for their professionalism, passion to explore, and desire to share in new experiences. They have hiked hundreds of miles all over Peru, slept under the stars, done almost every activity there is in the area, and they are keen to introduce you to the places that their ancestors called home. Our Tour Guides will get you where you want to go in the most informative and adventurous way, and they might even show you some secret spots along the way. But their real job is to make sure that you have the adventure of a lifetime!
4. Fantastic Meals and Top of the Line GearTo provide exceptional meals, we customize our menus depending on the preferences of the group. We regularly accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and other specialty diets.
We offer the a menu open to choice where you can select the food you want for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Your guide will help you with the menu selection and ensure that you get a plentiful and nutritious meal. Most trekking agencies offer a variety of rice and noodle dishes, but we offer seasonal vegetables and a variety of cereals. Bread and egg dishes are generally available for breakfast. Properly boiled water is served for drinking at breakfast and dinner time that is safe to drink. We provide properly boiled drinking water on all Salkantay trips. See Our Meals on the Route.
5. 100% Satisfaction GuaranteedWe are the ONLY agency in Peru who guarantees an unforgettable trip to its customers. We understand your vacation time is valuable. You work hard to earn your time away, so your vacation should be EASY and enjoyable. Our commitment is to deliver you the vacation of a lifetime—one that is full of fantastic memories and stories you will be recounting for years. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
6. Knowledgeable and Timely Customer ServiceWe have 3 knowledgeable Trip Coordinators ready to help you find the right trip and get prepared for it. They are all experienced hikers and guides, so the assistance they provide is grounded in real wilderness experience. Also, we are open every day so that you can get answers to your questions any day of the week!
Read more about our Meet our Team...
7. Trekking SpecialistsWe offer the most focused and personal treks you are going to find in all of Peru! With a multitude of exciting itineraries, you can experience breathtaking journeys through the snowcapped peaks of the Andes right into the brim of the Peruvian jungle where you can also choose to zipline from one mountain to the next. Upon arrival to the world famous Machu Picchu, you can explore this wonder of the world and can even climb the mountains surrounding it.
8. Sustainable and Responsible Hike“We believe Responsible Tourism is a better way to see the world.”
Every time you go on a hiking trip with us, you are helping to preserve wild landscapes for our kids and future generations.
Not only do you get a more authentic experience, but your activities also benefit the local environment. We offer you two ways to do this through our tourist organization based on ecotourism and natural exploration. Salkantay Trekking is a new way of travelling for those who have had enough of mass tourism. It's about respecting and benefiting the local people and the environment – but it's far more than that. Read more about our Cleaning Campaign Salkantay Project.
9. Authentic Andean ExperiencesWhen talking about an adventure, it is not so much the destination that defines it but how you get there. Our tours encompass the most breathtaking sights because we go off the beaten path to places that very few people have been. Our itineraries are designed to make the most out of your time. All you have to do is follow our lead and enjoy the mystical Andes for what they are!
10. Exclusive CampsitesThis year our company has implemented different types of services that really make us stand out on the Salkantay route. Among these services are our private campsites that are just for our customers. Like our ancestors we are very considerate with the Pachamama (mother earth).
In our Sky Camp, feel in your every cell the perfect union of heaven and earth. Sleep peacefully under the deep, blue, starry sky, under the watchful eye of Apus Humantay and Salkantay Mountains. At the same time, enjoy all the carefree comforts and services of a high-class holiday home.
We have built our authentic Andean campsites (CHOZAS) with respect to the Pachamama (Mother Earth). Our tents used on the second night are made only of natural materials, such as ichu (Peruvian feather grass) and wood, and were built in such manner as to not disturb the surrounding environment in any major way. They also guarantee protection during cold nights and a pleasant rest for anyone staying in them.
Brand new this year, our Jungle Domes offer the comforts of home in personal lodges in the beautiful cloud forest. Sleep in style in the valleys of the Incas! These domes have been ecologically designed not to interrupt the beautiful landscape and wildlife around them.
Read more about our Private Campsites...