Why Salkantay Trekking?
Why Us? We are considered by many to be the authority on an authentic trekking experience at a competive price. We always go the extra mile to provide you with the utmost in satisfaction during your adventure and our belief is that responsible tourism is a better way to see the world.
There are so many reasons to choose Salkantay Trek Company for your holiday among hundreds of other agents who also offer similar kind of trip to Salkantay to Machu Picchu in Peru.
1. Recommended on Tripadvisor with Excellent ReviewsOur Company has more than 2500 people joining our hikes annually; we have a proven track record of providing quality trips that exceed our guests' expectations. Check out Trip Advisor to see our 5 star review status, and read additional guest comments on our Salkantay Trekking Reviews and Facebook pages. Lastly, consistent positive feedback was the primary reason for us being a recommended and recognized company in Peru!.
2. Small Groups & Big ExperiencesWith a maximum group size of just 12 on most tours, it feels more like travelling with friends than being on an organized tour. Our groups are made up of couples and friends from all around the world. You'll meet like-minded people where everyone is guaranteed to share a passion for travel and discovery, and a small group will allow you to get further off the tourist trails for a more intimate experience. If travelling alone you won't have to pay an additional fee as a single traveller, you'll share a room or tent with a fellow traveller of the same gender or if you'd prefer your own space you can choose to pay a little extra to have a room or tent to yourself.
3. Highly trained & experienced tour leadersOur Tour Guides are chosen for their professionalism, passion to explore and a desire to share in the experience. They have hiked hundreds of miles all over Perú, slept under the stars, done almost every activity there is, and they are keen to introduce you to the places that their ancestors called home. Our Tour Guides will get you where you want to go in the most informative and adventurous way and they might even show you some secret spots along the way. But their real job is to make sure that you have the adventure of a lifetime.
4. Fantastic Meals and Top of the Line GearTo provide exceptional meals we customize our menus depending on the preferences of the group, and we regularly accommodate vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and other specialty diets.
We offer the MENU OPEN TO CHOICE where you can select the food you want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Your guide will help you with the menu selection and ensure that you get a hygienic, plentiful and nutritious meal. Most trekking agencies offer a variety of rice and noodle dishes, but we offer seasonal vegetables and a variety of cereals; bread and egg dishes are generally available for breakfast. Properly boiled water is served for drinking at breakfast and dinner time. We provide properly boiled drinking water on all Salkantay trips where our staff properly boils drinking water. See Our Meals on the Route
5. 100% Satisfaction GuaranteedWe are the ONLY agency in PERU which provides a high quality service and guarantees an unforgettable trip to its customers. We understand your vacation time is valuable. You work hard to earn your time away, so your vacation should be EASY and enjoyable.
Our commitment is to deliver you the vacation of a lifetime—one that is full of fantastic memories and stories you will be recounting for years. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
6. Knowledgeable and Timely Customer ServiceWe have 3 knowledgeable Trip Coordinators ready to help you find the right trip and get prepared for it. They are all experienced hikers and guides, so the assistance they provide is grounded in real wilderness experience. Also, we're open every day so you can get answers to your questions any day of the week!.
Read more about our Meet our Team...
7. Trekking SpecialistWe offer the most focused and personal treks you are going to be able to find in all of Perú. With a multitude of exciting itineraries, you can experience breathtaking journeys through the snowcapped peaks of the Andes right into the brim of the Peruvian jungle where you can choose to zipline from one mountain to the next. Upon arrival to the world famous Machu Picchu you can explore this wonder of the world and you can even climb the mountain that it is situated upon.
8. Sustainable and Responsible Hike“We believe Responsible Tourism is a better way to see the world”
Every time you go on a hiking trip with us you're helping to preserve wild landscapes for our kids and for future generations.
Not only do you get a more authentic experience, but your activities also benefit the local environment. We offer you two ways to do this through our tourist offer and organization, based on ecotourism and nature. Salkantay Trekking is a new way of travelling for those who've had enough of mass tourism. It's about respecting and benefiting the local people and the environment – but it's far more than that. Read more about our Cleaning Campaign Salkantay Project.
9. Authentic Andean ExperiencesWhen referring to an adventure it is not so much the destination that defines it, what we believe is that the bulk of an adventure is not necessarily where you are going but how you get there. And our tours encompass the most breathtaking sights because we go off the beaten path to places that very few people have been. Our itineraries are designed to make the most out of your time, all you have to do is follow our lead and enjoy the mystical Andes for what they are.
10. Exclusive CampsitesThis year our company has implemented different types of services that really make us stand out with the Salkantay route. Among these services we offer private campsites that are just for our customers. Like our ancestors we are very considerate with the Pachamama (mother earth). Therefore our campsites (CHOZAS) are adapted to the environment without generating visual impacts.
Our campsite consists of several huts which are made of a material (Ichu and wood) that will guarantee protection during cold nights and a pleasant rest.
Read more about our Private Campsites...