Inca Trail Classic
- A unique experience by the famous original Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Accommodation Grade: Hostel
Trek Grade: Moderate to Challenging
Trip at a glance
WHY US?"We are considered by many to be the leading experts on authentic trekking experiences at a competitive price & service. We always go the extra mile to provide you with the utmost satisfaction during your adventure and our belief is that responsible tourism is a better way to see the world."
OUR AWARDSIn the tourism industry of Cusco, there are a vast number of achievements and awards used to recognize the best operators and service providers in the region. Among these exists the award for Tourism Quality in the region of Cusco, which is meant to recognize the very best in the tourism industry. Salkantay Trekking was proudly nominated for said award and later chosen as the Best Adventure Tourism Agency of the region of 2016. For more information on Our Awards
- The Inca Trail is the best Trek in Peru
- The trek is ideal for adventure seekers, couples, friends, nature lovers and intrepid people.
- See natural bridges, snowcapped mountains, cascades, wildlife and cloud forests.
- The Inca Trail trek is listed in the TOP 5 best treks in the world by differents Magazines.
DESCRIPTIONThe great adventure of the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, is for those who live passionatley for a new experience, a fascinating idea to fulfill, known as the ,most famous trek of southamerica, the beauty of the views and the arquological sites that surround the inca trail. This tour is ideal for those who are filled with energy to hike all the way to Machu Picchu.
We will start the tour picking you up at your hotel at 06:00 am; we will be driving from cusco to ollantaytambo and then to km 84, place where we have to register to enter the Inca trail and place where we will meet all the staff members that will do this trip with us. From Km 82 we will start a simple hike for 2 hours until we arrive to our lunch spot known as miskay. After lunch we will take a short nap and we will continue with our adventure for 4 hours, until we arrive to Huayllabamba. In the way we will be able to see the arquelogical site Patallacta. Finally in Huayllabamba we will prepare ourselves for dinner and sleeping in tents and in a camping site
Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation – 3000 meters / 12477 feet
Campsite Elevation – 3000 meters / 12477 feet
Meals: Lunch, Dinner (Snack and afternoon tea)
Adventure: Absolutely, completely satisfactory
During the morning we will drink coca tea, recomended for the altitude; After we will have a brekfast prepared by our Chef. With energy, we will start our second day adventure. We will hike round 5 hours to get to the top of the mountain named Warmihuañusca; there we will have an amazing view of the Andes; after we rest we will start going down for about 1 hour until we arrive to our lunch spot. After lunch we will continue trekking until we arrive to Pacaymayo; where we will have the rest of the day to rest, relax and sleep in tents..
Walking Distance – 13 km
Starting Elevation – 3800 meters
Campsite Elevation – 3800 meters
Maximum Altitude: 4215 meters - Warmy Wañuska Pass
Difficulty: Moderate to Challenging
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (Snack and afternoon tea)
After having a nice coca tea and breakfast we will continue with the inca trail, we start at pacaymayo, we pass by the arqueological site Sayaqmarca, where after visiting the beautiful inca structures we would be stopping for lunch. After lunch, we will continue walking until we arrive to WiñayWayna, where we will build tents and the camping site to have dinner and sleep.
Walking Distance – 15km
Starting Elevation – 3800 meters
Campsite Elevation – 3700 meters
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
It will be a very important day and we will be waking up early since we have to hike 2 hours from Wiñay Wayna until we arrive to the sun gate or “Inti Punku”, here the inca trail officialy finishes; from this place we will be able to admire the great beauty of the inca city Machu Picchu. After taking a rest and relaxing, we will start the visit to the sanctuary of Machu Picchu; the guided tour lasts aproximatley 2 hours; we will go to the most important places of the city like the main plaza, the circular tower, the sun clock, the royal rooms, the temple of the 3 windows, the royal cemetry and much more. ending the guided visit, you will have time to continue exploring, take pictures and enjoy 1 of the 7 wonders of the modern world. At a convenient time we will take a bus to Aguas calientes where you will be able to have lunch, you will be abl to visit the hot springs or walk around town and the artesan market. At 18:30 hrs we will take a train back to Ollantaytambo and from there we will take a bus that will bring us back to Cusco. We will be finishing our adventure around 22:30 hrs
Included & Not Included
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office, for an orientation trek and provide you the duffle bags which will be carried by our porters. meeting at 7:00 PM the evening before the trip begins.
- Transport: Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to KM 84 (starting point of the trek).
- Experienced Guide: English speaking professional and official tour guide.
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks. Our tents are 3-season, highly maintained to ensure an excellent performance in field. Kailas, Pro aconcagua and Rei 4 Outfitter tents are employed when double accommodation is requested.
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, tables, chairs.
- Foam mats or sleeping pads: to put under your sleeping bag (carried by porters)
- Accommodation: 3 nights in tent
- 1 Duffle Bag: Where you can put your personal belongings (5 kilograms) which includes your sleeping bag.
- Porters: We include your personal porter who is responsible for carrying your duffel with your personal items. There is no additional fee for this. We will give you your duffel bag at your briefing the night before and this should be filled with the things you need for night and the next day. You will not have access to your duffel until your evening campsite
- Trekking Cook: In charge to prepared all the meals along the journey, over 6 people cook assistant
- Meals: 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 dinners and Snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Wake up tea: Every morning at the campsite we will wake you up with a cup of coca tea our support staff will bring the coca tea to your tent in order to wake you up.
- Tea time = Happy Hour: Every afternoon 1 hour before dinner the cooks will let on the dining table pop-corn, biscuits, coffee, chocolate, different type of teas, hot water, etc. this is because after a day of hiking many are hungry and it is a bit annoying to wait till dinner that why we provide tea time.
- Daily snacks - Days 1, 2 and 3: Our Snacks consist of local fruits, biscuits, chocolate, Caramels we will give this snack at the beginning of each day trek in a cloth bag to avoid environmental contamination.
- One textile snack bag per person: to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Water grooming: Each morning warm water with towel
- 1 Blanket or Liner
- 1 Pillow per person
- Medical kit: Our crew bring the First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (expedition service)
- Transport: Transfer from Ollantaytambo Train Station to hotel in Cusco(Day 4)
- 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
- Light-Weight plastic rain poncho
- We will create a the trip of a Memorable Lifetime Experience for you.
- We are Direct operators & local owners with the best trekking team on the hike.
- Sleeping Bags: (you can hire from our company), our sleeping bags are -18ºC-comfort (0ºF), mummy form and include a sleeping liner. They are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips.
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
Thank you for choosing Salkantay Trekking! We will do everything within our means to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
Video & Map
TRIP VIDEOSalkantay Trekking Videos More Videos
OUR HIKING TEAM
Our Tour GuidesYour tour will be led by a trained and highly experienced professional with a very solid guiding background, years of hiking and wilderness experience, medical certifications, and a passion for leading people into unforgettable adventures.
They never stop learning so that they can be the best possible guides. They all speak English and of course they also speak Spanish and even Quechua, the Incan Language. They are all able to communicate with natives from around the area and will have lots of history to share with you. Check out the Meet Our Team page for staff bios.
Our CooksAfter a challenging trek we know how important a good hot meal can be to prepare your body and warm you up. That’s why on every trek with Salkantay Trekking we employ chefs with years of experience cooking on the trails so that they provide filling and nutritious meals using fresh ingredients and a variety of flavors.
Every chef prepares different meals depending on what food is available. ...More info.
Meals: What to ExpectAll of our hiking tours include a diversity of tasty meals packed full of critical carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We carry foods that travel well in the backcountry – rice, pastas, lentils, beans, couscous, packaged meats, nuts, breads, oatmeal, granola, and more.
For optimal taste and energy, we supplement all our meals with spices, herbs, oils, cheeses, butter, sugar, fruits and vegetables (fresh and dried). In addition, we provide you with an assortment of trail mix, snacks, and dried fruits to eat at your own discretion.
We regularly accommodate vegan, vegetarian, kosher and non-gluten diets and will make adjustments for food allergies. These and other special dietary requests may require an additional fee. ...More info.
Our Horseman and HorsesOur Horseman and his horses are in charge of all our gear and will always await us within the safe and comfortable camp sites.
Our horsemen are hired from the areas where the trekking route goes and therefore have extensive knowledge of the area.
Besides trekking and camping gear every horse carries a total of 40 kg of guest's belongings.
You will have a personal allowance of 7kg/165lb for your gear....More info.
DATES & PRICES
Our Classic 4D/3N Inca Trail Trek includes porter to carry up to 5kg of your belongings.
We are the only Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
The INCA TRAIL is our passion and customer satisfaction is our success!”
Thank you so much for choosing Salkantay Trekking!!!.
Triunfo Street 392, of. 212, 2nd floor
Mobile: (+51) 958191179
Emergency Phone: (+51) 974727031
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Interest Free Payment Plans
Over 21,000 Thrilled Guests