Inca Trail 2 Days
- ¿Do you want to do the Inca Trail in less time?
Accommodation Grade: Hostel
Trek Grade: Moderate to Challenging
Trip at a glance
WHY US?"We are considered by many to be the leading experts on authentic trekking experiences at a competitive price & service. We always go the extra mile to provide you with the utmost satisfaction during your adventure and our belief is that responsible tourism is a better way to see the world."
OUR AWARDSIn the tourism industry of Cusco, there are a vast number of achievements and awards used to recognize the best operators and service providers in the region. Among these exists the award for Tourism Quality in the region of Cusco, which is meant to recognize the very best in the tourism industry. Salkantay Trekking was proudly nominated for said award and later chosen as the Best Adventure Tourism Agency of the region of 2016. For more information on Our Awards
- Inca Trail is listed among the top 5 treks in the world.
- The trek is ideal for adventure seekers, couples, friends, nature lovers and intrepid people.
- See natural bridges, cascades, wildlife and cloud forests.
DESCRIPTION¿Do you want to do the Inca Trail in less time? Our company offers you the oportunity to do this trail in only 2 days and 1 night.
From the city of Cusco we will be traveling by bus and train until we arrive to km. 104, this is the place where we will start our unfogetable adventure until the inca city of Machu Picchu; this tour is designed for people that are traveling alone, big groups or small groups; the tour is in private service and for people of all ages.
This excurtion starts by picking you up at your hotel at 6:00 am; we will be driving aproximatley for 2 hours until we arrive to the train station in Ollantaytambo; We will arrive to km 104 where we will start our amazing hike in the inca trail for 2 days and 1 night.
Our adventure of the inca trail- Machu Picchu starts, it starts with an uphill walk for about 4 hours untill we arrive to the arqueleogical site of WiñaWayna (allways young) where we will be enjoying our lunch box in the middle of the mountains we will have free time to rest and enjoy the beautiful view.
After resting we will continue our hike and this time we will be going to a site called Inti Punku or the door of the sun where we will be enjoying of a wonderful view of 1 of the 7 wonders of the world.We will finish our first day adventure following the lateral trail in direction to the exit of Machu Picchu where we will take a bus to the city of Aguas Calientes, which is under the inca city. We will have dinner and then rest at a hotel.
Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation – 2,100 meters
Aguas Calientes Elevation – 2,000 meters
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Adventure: Absolutely, completely satisfactory
Highlights of today: Early morning arrival at Machu Picchu so you will have more time to explore this truly magnificent World Wonder with not as many tourists. You will even be there before The Inka Trail trekkers arrive! Enjoy the beautiful sunrise. Two hours guided tour of the mystical Machu Picchu ruins. Plus an optional climb to Huayna Picchu or the Machupicchu Mountain (if you have pre-booked tickets.)
The highlight of the trek, Machu Picchu! We will wake up early at the hotel. This is better for visiting Machupicchu, before the mass of people arrive. The Machu Picchu entrance check point is open from 6:00 am. until 17:00 pm. We will hike up to Machupicchu (a bus ride is optional for $12.00) and enter the city really early with a lot fewer tourists than during the midday. Here we will have a 2 hours guided tour through this incredible ancient city. We will visit temples, palaces, priest houses, a sundial, the industrial sector and the farming fields. After this guided tour you are free to climb up to Huaynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain (book in advance to get your tickets!). Both mountains take approximately 3 hours to hike up and down. Or for the less adventurous you can trek to the sun gate, which is the main entrance of the Inka Trail. You’ll stay and enjoy the city for more than 7 hours in the afternoon. We will organize the train ride at 18:20 pm. back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then a bus ride to Cusco to arrive at approx. 22:00 pm. The bus will drop you off at your hotel/hostel in Cusco.
Included & Not Included
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office, for an orientation trek and provide you the duffle bags which will be carried by our horses. meeting at 7:00 PM the evening before the trip begins.
- Transport: Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to Ollantaytambo (Where you will take the train to KM 104.
- The train ticket: From Ollantaytambo to km 104
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (expedition service)
- Experienced Guide: English speaking professional and official tour guide.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail.
- Accommodation: 1 night accomodation in Aguas Calientes.
- Meals: 1 Breakfasts, 1 Lunches, 1 dinners and Snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Daily snacks - Days 1: Our Snacks consist of local fruits, biscuits, chocolate, Caramels we will give this snack at the beginning of each day trek in a cloth bag to avoid environmental contamination.
- One textile snack bag per person: to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Medical kit: Our crew bring the First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Transport: Transfer from Ollantaytambo Train Station to hotel in Cusco(Day 2)
- 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
- Light-Weight plastic rain poncho
- We will create a the trip of a Memorable Lifetime Experience for you.
- We are Direct operators & local owners with the best trekking team on the hike.
- Walking Sticks: you can hire from our company
- Last Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Travel insurance.
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- Additional costs or delays caused by management out of control like landscape, bad weather condition, in case of itinerary modification with a view to safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability raises strike, moment etc.
Thank you for choosing Salkantay Trekking! We will do everything within our means to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
Video & Map
TRIP VIDEOSalkantay Trekking Videos More Videos
OUR HIKING TEAM
Our Tour GuidesYour tour will be led by a trained and highly experienced professional with a very solid guiding background, years of hiking and wilderness experience, medical certifications, and a passion for leading people into unforgettable adventures.
They never stop learning so that they can be the best possible guides. They all speak English and of course they also speak Spanish and even Quechua, the Incan Language. They are all able to communicate with natives from around the area and will have lots of history to share with you. Check out the Meet Our Team page for staff bios.
Our CooksAfter a challenging trek we know how important a good hot meal can be to prepare your body and warm you up. That’s why on every trek with Salkantay Trekking we employ chefs with years of experience cooking on the trails so that they provide filling and nutritious meals using fresh ingredients and a variety of flavors.
Every chef prepares different meals depending on what food is available. ...More info.
Meals: What to ExpectAll of our hiking tours include a diversity of tasty meals packed full of critical carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We carry foods that travel well in the backcountry – rice, pastas, lentils, beans, couscous, packaged meats, nuts, breads, oatmeal, granola, and more.
For optimal taste and energy, we supplement all our meals with spices, herbs, oils, cheeses, butter, sugar, fruits and vegetables (fresh and dried). In addition, we provide you with an assortment of trail mix, snacks, and dried fruits to eat at your own discretion.
We regularly accommodate vegan, vegetarian, kosher and non-gluten diets and will make adjustments for food allergies. These and other special dietary requests may require an additional fee. ...More info.
Our Horseman and HorsesOur Horseman and his horses are in charge of all our gear and will always await us within the safe and comfortable camp sites.
Our horsemen are hired from the areas where the trekking route goes and therefore have extensive knowledge of the area.
Besides trekking and camping gear every horse carries a total of 40 kg of guest's belongings.
You will have a personal allowance of 7kg/165lb for your gear....More info.
DATES & PRICES
Our Classic 2D/1N Inca Trail Trek includes porter to carry up to 5kg of your belongings.
We are the only Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu that works exclusively with specialists and experts.
The INCA TRAIL is our passion and customer satisfaction is our success!”
Thank you so much for choosing Salkantay Trekking!!!.
Triunfo Street 392, of. 212, 2nd floor
Mobile: (+51) 958191179
Emergency Phone: (+51) 974727031
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Interest Free Payment Plans
Over 21,000 Thrilled Guests