Inca Trail Short
TREKKING MAP Do you want to do the Inca Trail in less time? Our company offers you the oportunity to do this trail in only 2 days and 1 night. From the city of Cusco we will be traveling by bus and train until we arrive to km. 104, this is the place where we will start our unfogetable adventure until the inca city of Machu Picchu; this tour is designed for people that are traveling alone, big groups or small groups; the tour is in private service and for people of all ages.
- Inca Trail is listed among the top 5 treks in the world.
- The trek is ideal for adventure seekers, couples, friends, nature lovers and intrepid people.
- See natural bridges, cascades, wildlife and cloud forests.
DAY 1: Cusco | Ollantaytambo – Km 104 Machu Picchu.Walking Distance – 12km / 7.45 miles
Starting Elevation – 2,100 meters ASL / 6889 feet ASL
Aguas Calientes Elevation – 2,000 meters ASL / 6561 feet ASL
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Adventure: Absolutely, completely satisfactory
Next, we will continue our hike, moving toward a site called Inti Punku (the Sun Gate). From this place, we will be able to look down and admire the great beauty of the Inca citadel Machu Picchu! Here, the Inca Trail officially ends.
We will finish our first day’s adventure following the lateral trail in direction to the exit of Machu Picchu where we will take a bus to the town of Aguas Calientes at the base of the mountain. We will have dinner there and then rest comfortably at a hotel.
DAY 2: The Most Important Day – Machu Picchu!Today’s Highlights: Your excitement for our rendezvous at Machu Picchu will rise as we are hiking early in the morning through the forest to reach the site before most other tourists – even the other Inca Trail trekkers! You will have plenty of time to explore this truly magnificent World Wonder while you enjoy the beautiful sunrise from this once-in-a-lifetime viewpoint. Your group will learn about this mystical place in a two-hour guided tour of the ruins. Afterwards, you can opt to climb Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu Mountain (if you have pre-booked tickets) or walk to the Inca Bridge (without extra tickets).
After this tour, you are free to climb up to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (Be sure to book in advance to get tickets for these!). Each mountain takes approximately 3 hours to hike up and down. Another lower-impact option for which you do not need an extra ticket is to trek to the Sun Gate, the main entrance from the Inca Trail (this takes about 2 or 2.5 hours round-trip). Another option is walking to see the Incan Bridge. You will be able to stay and enjoy this magical city for more than 7 hours before hiking back down to Aguas Calientes for the train ride at 18:20 PM to Ollantaytambo. A private bus will pick up our group and drop you off at your hotel in Cusco at about 22:00 PM. Rest your feet and your body now, but we can assure you your heart will still be soaring for weeks and years to come!
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
The Inca Trail is the most popular trek in Peru!
What is Included?
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office for an orientation to the trek and we will provide you the duffle bags which will be carried by our porters. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the evening before your trip begins.
- Transport: Collection from your hotel in the morning and transportation in a private vehicle to Ollantaytambo (Where you will take the train to Km 104)
- The train ticket: From Ollantaytambo to Km 104
- Experienced Guide: English speaking, professionally educated, and official tour guide. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route. He or she will keep you safe, sound, and comfortable on your trek so that you can enjoy your time worry-free!
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail.
- Accommodation: 1 nights in hotel
- Meals: 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 dinner and snacks (Vegetarian, vegan or special menus are available at no extra cost)
- Snacks on Day 1: Our snacks consist of local fruits, biscuits, chocolate, caramels, etc. We will give this snack to you at the beginning of each day in your cloth bag.
- One cloth snack bag per person: To avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment, we will give you a cloth bag for your snacks.
- Products for hygiene: Each morning, you will be provided with a warm, wet towel to clean yourself up with.
- 1 Blanket or Liner per person
- 1 Pillow per person
- Light-weight plastic rain poncho
- Medical kit: Our crew will bring a first-aid kit, including emergency oxygen bottle
- Train tickets: From Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (“Expedition” service with Peru Rail at 18:20 PM)
- Transport: Private transport from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 5)
- 24-hour guest service: We have telephone service available 24 hours/day for ease of communication and preparation with the agency leading up to your trek.
- We will create a Memorable Lifetime Experience for you.
- Walking Sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you would like.
- 2nd Day: Lunch and Dinner in Aguas Calientes.
- Personal clothing and gear
- Travel insurance
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip or not as you wish.
- Additional costs or delays out of control of the management (landscape, bad weather condition, itinerary modification due to a safety concern, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE SALKANTAY TREK
Please read carefully the following information – it will help you with any questions you may have about our services.
IS IT FOR ME?The Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu is a great alternative for the Inca Trail trek and better suited for more adventurous trekkers who are able to handle higher altitude and longer distances. Ascending to reach the famous Apacheta Pass at 4650 MASL - 15088 FASL is not too strenuous since it is at the beginning of the trek, neither is it very steep, but it does require stamina and a little time in Cusco to acclimatize to the altitude before beginning the trek.
THE BRIEFINGThis meeting will take place the night before the trek’s departure at 7 PM (in 2017) or at 6 PM (starting in 2018) at our office which is located at Triunfo Street 392, Office 212 (second floor). We are 1 block from the Main Square (Plaza de Armas) of Cusco.
WHAT ABOUT THE BALANCE?It would be greatly appreciated if you pay in cash at our office (US dollars or Peruvian soles) here in Cusco. We have many cash machines in the historical center to withdraw money. You can also pay by VISA or PAYPAL online but you will have to pay a 8% service charge, charged by VISA and PAYPAL. To pay your balance through PAYPAL, you need to log into your PAYPAL account using our email address of firstname.lastname@example.org
DUFFEL BAG FOR Inca Trail Short 2 DaysThe evening before you start your trek, you will be given a SMALL DUFFLE BAG to pack your clothes for the next four days. Your weight allowance is up to 7 kg/15.4 lbs. Our horseman will carry your duffle bag for you together with the food and camping gear. It is important to be aware that you will not have access to your items in the duffle bag until the end of each day as the horsemen and horses will always be ahead of the group. During the travel, you need a day backpack big enough to carry your personal belongings such as a warm jacket, raincoat, camera, sunscreen, snacks, water, etc. Usually, a 30 to 50 litre backpack is sufficient.
CAN I STORE MY LUGGAGE AT YOUR OFFICE?Of course! During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
HOW TO BOOK THE Inca Trail Short 2 DaysFIRST To make a booking, please email us to check availability and receive customized booking forms. You can also download a generic form from: Passenger Details form.
Please be ready with the following information (FROM EACH PARTICIPANT in your group). We cannot purchase any Inca Trail Short 2 Days permits or entrance tickets without the following information:
- Personal information (Full name, exactly as on your passport):
- Passport number
- Date of birth (dd / mm / yyyy)
SECOND, we require a deposit of US$225 per person in order to purchase a permit for the Inca Trail Short 2 Days. You can make you deposit by clicking on the VISA or PAYPAL.
Terms and Conditions
Our Classic 2D/1N Inca Trail Trek includes porter to carry up to 5kg of your belongings.
Thank you for choosing Salkantay Trekking! We will do everything within our means to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
OUR HIKING TEAM
Our Tour GuidesYour tour will be led by a trained and highly experienced professional with a very solid guiding background, years of hiking and wilderness experience, medical certifications, and a passion for leading people into unforgettable adventures.
They never stop learning so that they can be the best possible guides. They all speak English and of course they also speak Spanish and even Quechua, the Incan Language. They are all able to communicate with natives from around the area and will have lots of history to share with you. Check out the Meet Our Tour Leaders....
Our CooksAfter a challenging trek we know how important a good hot meal can be to prepare your body and warm you up. That’s why on every trek with Salkantay Trekking we employ chefs with years of experience cooking on the trails so that they provide filling and nutritious meals using fresh ingredients and a variety of flavors.
Every chef prepares different meals depending on what food is available. ...More info.
Meals: What to ExpectAll of our hiking tours include a diversity of tasty meals packed full of critical carbohydrates, proteins and fats. We carry foods that travel well in the backcountry – rice, pastas, lentils, beans, couscous, packaged meats, nuts, breads, oatmeal, granola, and more.
For optimal taste and energy, we supplement all our meals with spices, herbs, oils, cheeses, butter, sugar, fruits and vegetables (fresh and dried). In addition, we provide you with an assortment of trail mix, snacks, and dried fruits to eat at your own discretion.
We regularly accommodate vegan, vegetarian, kosher and non-gluten diets and will make adjustments for food allergies. These and other special dietary requests may require an additional fee. ...More info.
Our Horseman and HorsesOur Horseman and his horses are in charge of all our gear and will always await us within the safe and comfortable camp sites.
Our horsemen are hired from the areas where the trekking route goes and therefore have extensive knowledge of the area.
Besides trekking and camping gear every horse carries a total of 40 kg of guest's belongings.
You will have a personal allowance of 7kg/165lb for your gear....More info.