Machu Picchu Tour
MACHU PICCHU FULL DAY
If your time is limited, this program offers a visit to the most important archaeological site in South America, Machu Picchu. In one day you can visit the main sites of this sanctuary and fill you up with the energy and the strength that this place possesses. The service we provide starts and ends at your hotel. In this program our team is in charge of providing all the necessary facilities and requirements to ensure a safe and pleasant trip.
- It is one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, Heritage of Humanity, Historical Sanctuary of Peru and probably the most important archaeological site in Latin America.
- Its majestic architecture comprises 140 structures throughout the citadel.
- It was built by the Inca Pachacutec around the year 1460.
- After being forgotten, it was only in 1911 that the American Hiram Bingham reached Machu Picchu on an expedition and spread the site worldwide.
- Its main buildings are the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Sun and the Temple of the Three Windows.
- In 1913 it received worldwide attention when the National Geographic Society dedicated its entire print run in April to the newly rediscovered city.
- Transfers from Hotel - Train Station - Hotel.
- Train tickets back and forth Ollantaytambo-Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo.
- Guide service with a professional licensed in Tourism (Spanish and English).
- Bus service up and down the town from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Ticket reservations.
IT DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Drinks such as water, Soda.
- Phone calls on your trip.
- Transfer airport - hotel - airport, back from the tour to Cusco.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TRIP TO THE CITADEL OF MACHU PICCHU:
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco 2 hours before the departure of your train, and take you to the train station, located in the town of Ollantaytambo, where we’ll board the train of the company "PERURAIL" or "INCARAIL"and begin the journey from Ollantaytambo to the town of Aguas Calientes in this town our guide will be waiting for us, then we will go to the bus station, where we’ll board the bus that will take us to the wonderful citadel of" Machu Picchu ". When you reach the citadel of Machu Picchu, we will begin our guided tour, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, cemeteries, the Intihuatana (sundial), the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows etc. over approximately two hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel, then we’ll descend to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus, where you can have lunch at one of the various restaurants in Aguas Calientes or if you wish at Sanctuary Lodge (lunch is on you).
At 18:30 h we’ll take the train that will take us back to the train station of Ollantaytambo; This trip takes about two hours; therefore, at 20:30 h we will get the bus which will take us back to Cusco. We arrive in Cusco at approximately 22:30 hrs.
- Use sneakers or jogging shoes.
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Wear waterproof clothing during the rainy season.
- Long-sleeved shirts.
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Medication and / or personal items.
- A light backpack per person.
- Camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins dollars, euros or soles.
Triunfo Street 392, of. 212, 2nd floor
Mobile: (+51) 958191179
Emergency Phone: (+51) 974727031
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Interest Free Payment Plans
Over 21,000 Thrilled Guests