DESCRIPTIONSalkantay Trekking offers high altitude ecotourism in the mountains, in complicity with nature, witness this new experience in the Andes. LIVE an authentic experience joining a group of explorers like you who seeks to achieve their dreams in the Andes of Peru.
DAY 1: FULL DAY | Cusco – Soraypampa – Humantay LakeWalking time: Approx. 5 hours (including picnic en route).
Level of trek: Difficulty moderate.
Very early in the morning (around 4:30-5am) your mountain guide and our driver will pick up you from your hotel.
The first stop of the day will be at Mollepata to have breakfast and fill us with the energy we'll need to continue our trip up to Soraypampa at 3920m.a.s.l. Here you will have the opportunity to get to know the Salkantay Sky Lodge which is located in front of the majestic snowy Salkantay and Humantay. After a brief rest we will prepare ourselves to start the trek upwards until we reach the highest point of the trail, on oour way crossing wonderful landscapes surrounded by a complex of mountains.
You will surely be impressed with the panoramic view of seeing the turquoise lake at 4200 masl. 13779 ft. close to an astounding glacier.
After we will return to the Salkantay Sky Lodge where their personnel will be waiting for us with lunch.
Our transport will be waiting for us to return to Cusco at approximately 5pm.
What is Included?
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Mountain guide (english and spanish).
- Touristic transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of trek)
- Breakfast at the Salkantay Sky Lodge.
- Entrance to the Humantay Lake.
- Lunch at the Salkantay Sky Lodge.
- First aid kit equipment.
- Transportation back to Cusco.
- Hiking boots.
- Waterproof gloves.
- 01 hat with neck and face protector.
- Sun block: Factor 70 or more.
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- 01 waterproof jacket.
- 01 waterproof trousers.
- Personal medication.
- Bottle of water or camelbak.
- Camera and extra battery.
Thank you for choosing Salkantay Trekking! We will do everything within our means to take care of you and ensure an enjoyable trip of a lifetime in Peru!
Terms and Conditions